Maggot

Maggot is an archaic term for a whimsical or fanciful dance.


Sunday, February 26, 2012

English Country Dance for Beginnners

I've been co-teaching English Country Dance beginner classes. The first week, I taught "Christchurch Bells" which I have taught before and "Alice" which I have never taught or called before but am very familiar with. The second week, I did "Drapers' Gardens" which I have taught before, "Knole Park" which I have never taught or called but am very familiar with and "Take a Dance" which I have not taught or called nor I was I familiar with it. I was supposed to teach for the third and final class but the other teacher wanted to teach alone.

I used Christchurch Bells and Drapers' Gardens this past summer for the Jane Austen Singing School For Young Ladies concert. The photos below are from an encore performance in Rochester. More photos from the concert can be found here. Most of the costumes are mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment